Do You Need Motorcycle Accident Attorney In Madison?
Any biker will tell you that hitting the open road on a motorcycle brings a unique thrill combined with a state of peace that culminates in an extremely rare type of joy. It’s why bikers often risk their own personal safety, riding on an exposed bike that is no match for a single-passenger vehicle or a commercial truck in the event of an accident. Motorcycle accident injuries can be serious. If you are suffering from biker injuries and need a motorcycle accident attorney in Wisconsin, our personal injury attorneys at Kasieta Legal Group, LLC, have been serving the community of Madison for more than 25 years. We can help you recover damages for injuries caused by others’ negligence.
Motorcycle Laws For The State Of Wisconsin
In the state of Wisconsin, there are several laws for motorcyclists designed to keep them safe. From licensing, insurance and safety gear, these laws are designed to keep bikers safe on the roads. Some of these requirements include:
- Before obtaining a motorcycle (Class M) license, operators must pass a knowledge test and vision screening to get an instructional permit that will be valid for six months
- After getting an instructional permit, motorcyclists must complete a skills test to obtain a Class M license
- Motorcyclists and riders must wear protective eye gear
- Bikers have to wear a helmet if they are under the age of 18 or if they are operating a motorcycle with an instructional permit
- A bike’s headlamp must be on at all times the motorcycle is in operation
- Motorcycles are not allowed to ride with more than two cycles side-by-side in a lane
- Passengers can only ride if there is a space for the passenger, and no more than two people are allowed on a bike at a time
The state of Wisconsin requires proof of a minimum amount of insurance for any motorcycle. This insurance requires a minimum amount of coverage to cover property damage, bodily injury or death for a single person in an accident and a minimum amount of coverage for injury or death to more than one person in an accident.
Personal Injury Lawyers For Motorcycle Accidents
Our personal injury attorneys can help facilitate insurance claims in the event of an accident. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident and your insurance company is delaying or denying your claim, our personal injury attorneys can help you deal with the insurance company and pursue any possible bad faith insurance claim against your carrier. In the event someone you love was killed in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, our wrongful death attorneys can help you seek compensation for your loss.